Instrument Web Page (Spanish only)
- Andor iXon Ultra 888 with 1024 x 1024 pixels
- Plate scale 0.0345 arsec/pixels (N left, E up).
Andor iXon DU-897 back-illuminated system.
Detector E2V Technologies with 512×512 pixels (pixel size 16 micras)
- Field of View (FOV) 6″ (with seeing=2.2″ and 76 mas/pix)
- I Band
- 30 exposures per minute
- Diffraction limit (FWHM) and limiting magnitudes in I band: TCS 1.5m 0.15” 11.0, NOT 2.5m 0.09” 15.0 and WHT 4.2m 0.06” 16.0
- It is possible to go 2 magnitudes deeper if there is a bright object in the FOV to do the processing (alignement and stacking) of the selected images.
- FastCam: a new lucky imaging instrument for medium-sized telescopes (ADS)
- High-contrast optical imaging of companions: the case of the brown dwarf binary HD 130948 BC (ADS)
- Orbit Determination of Close Binary Systems using Lucky Imaging (astro-ph)
- Lucky Imaging Adaptive Optics of the brown dwarf binary GJ569Bab (astro-ph)