GRANTECAN issues the special call for proposals for Science Verification of the Multi-Object Spectroscopy (MOS) observing mode with EMIR on the 10.4-m GTC. Any researcher of the GTC user community may apply by submitting one or more proposals. The full announcement is available in this document.
Proposals due is on 20th July 2018, at 23:59 local time in the Canary Islands (22:59 UT).
Applicants should be aware of the following highlights:
- Observations of accepted proposals will be likely performed between September 2018 and the end of February 2019. Coordinates of targets must be adequate for this observing period.
- A maximum of 6 h per proposal (including overheads) is accepted. This implies about 4 h on-source integration time. Note that EMIR MOS observations have overheads of 20 min for every 60 minutes.
- The EMIR Principal Investigator (Francisco Garzón, firstname.lastname@example.org) and some designated EMIR team members will assist during the implementation of the accepted proposals and in the data analysis. In return, they will be part of the list of co-authors should the EMIR MOS data be published.
- All applicants are kindly encouraged to contact the EMIR Principal Investigator (Francisco Garzón, email@example.com) for the preparation of their EMIR MOS Science Verification proposals.
- Targets protected by the EMIR team cannot be included in the Science Verification proposals.
- Users will be asked to submit a detailed feedback on the results of the EMIR MOS Science Verification data within six weeks after execution of the observations.
- A specific committee will be designated for the EMIR MOS Science Verification proposals assessment. Announcement of time allocation will be released by mid-to-end of August, 2018.
- Proposals can be submitted via the http://cat.iac.es application tool, by selecting “Special agreements” and EMIR MOS Science Verification (coded as EMIRMOS). See how to submit for further details and for the proposal templates.
More details are given in the full announcement of the special call for EMIR MOS Science verification proposals available here.