- 7/2020 - current - Research Professor, IAC, Spain
- 12/2017 - 6/2020- Researcher, IAC, Spain
- 4/2006 - 11/2017- Scientist, IAC, Spain
- 1/2002 - 4/2006- Ramón y Cajal Postdoctoral Fellow, IAC, Spain
- 1/1999 -12/2001- Fundación Andes Prize Fellow, Yale U.-U. de Chile
- 3/1996 -12/1998- Postdoc Carnegie Observatories, USA
- 9/1995 -12/1995- Visiting Scientist, U. di Padova
- 10/1991 - 9/1994- Astrofísica Residente, IAC, Spain
My reseach focusses in the study of galaxy formation and evolution from the characterization of resolved stellar populations. My playground is mainly the Local Group of Galaxies. I am the founder and current PI of the IAC research group "The Local Group in Multi-dimensions".
My main research focusses in the following topics:
- The Milky Way star formation history from Gaia color-magnitude diagrams.
- The evolutionary history of the Magellanic Clouds
- Dwarf galaxies in the Local Group